Welcome Message

Welcome fans of futbol! I'm an addict of the beautiful game and of the league where it's played best, Spain's La Liga BBVA. I hope you'll join me in discussion of this the King of Sports. If you enjoy the blog, please add a comment, vote in one of the polls at the bottom of the page or click on an ad to make me coffee money.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Does Greek Soccer Suck?

Friends and readers I'm not saying that Greek soccer does suck - but the question needs to be asked.

I say "suck" not because I've seen Greek teams lose but because I've rarely seen anyone play catenaccio more than the Greeks.

The national selection that I saw at Euro 2006 and the Hellenic squads that I've seen most recently in the Champion's League seem to love to park the bus in front of goal defensively and pray for a free kick or corner. And, they're praying hard, because they barely seem capable of moving the ball past midfield on a counter. Lame!

Maybe I've got it all wrong. Maybe I've seen too few Greek teams to judge. Please feel free to call me on this. Until then, I'll put Greek football down as having two strikes against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment