Welcome Message

Welcome fans of futbol! I'm an addict of the beautiful game and of the league where it's played best, Spain's La Liga BBVA. I hope you'll join me in discussion of this the King of Sports. If you enjoy the blog, please add a comment, vote in one of the polls at the bottom of the page or click on an ad to make me coffee money.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Diego! Maradona celebrates his 50th

Diego Maradona turns 50 today and this blogger would like to wish him a happy 6th century. Maradona was clearly one of the 3 greatest football (soccer) players ever. I didn't have the pleasure of watching "La Pelusa" live but I have enjoyed countless highlights on video and on the internet. Feliz cumpleaños, Diego!

In honor of the man from Villa Fiorito, Argentina, I thought I post one of Maradona's favorite goals - his Copa de la Liga goal against Real Madrid from 1983.

One very accurate commentator pointed out that, "Diego didn't elude you, he humiliated you." He does so here, evading the goalie and a defender who slams his man parts into the goal post - ouch! When Maradona apologized to him, defender Juan José told him to "Vete a tomar por culo" (Go take it up the ass). Here's the full interview on Argentina's Olé.

If you've enjoyed reading this or any other post, please follow this blog. Also, please vote in the surveys at the bottom of the page. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment