Welcome Message

Welcome fans of futbol! I'm an addict of the beautiful game and of the league where it's played best, Spain's La Liga BBVA. I hope you'll join me in discussion of this the King of Sports. If you enjoy the blog, please add a comment, vote in one of the polls at the bottom of the page or click on an ad to make me coffee money.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Holy Mouly: Madrid's Playing Well And Scoring At Will

Okay, I apologize; I've used another groan-worthy made-up Mou word. Still, after watching Real Madrid's last 3 games, "the special one" is worthy of headlines - and the rest of the league is left to groan.

Madrid's latest experiment in running up the score (and I mean that in the best possible way) came at the expense of Racing Santader. After their 6-1 drubbing the Racing boys have officially changed their team colors from black and green to black and blue, with makeup artist bruises for effect.

Madrid got on the board early courtesy of Higuain in the 10th minute and then ran off 4 straight Christiano Ronaldo goals. CR7/9 gattling-gun-goal run was followed by an Ozil goal that left los merengues up 6-0. Racing did get the "goal of honor" to ease the drubbing, but it's still hard to cover up that 6.

This isn't the first Madrid rout, either. Madrid recently put down Malaga 4-1 and pummeled Deportivo La Coruña 6-1 as well. That's 16 goals in 3 games!

Los Blancos (Madrid is known as "The Whites" in Spain in reference to their jerseys - and maybe because fans from the capital think they are the good guys) boast a whopping +18 goal differential after 8 games. The feel-good stat for fans from the capital is that 16 of Madrid's 22 goals have come in the first 60 minutes, compared to just 1 of their opponents goals. These are not garbage goals - Madrid is going out hard and putting good Spanish league teams down like ugly rabid dogs.

This article is my way of apologizing to Sr. Jose Mourinho (as if he cares). I heckled him early in the year. I was wrong. I shouldn't have doubted. I stand super-corrected. Jose, if you're reading this, you can lay off now. Down boy!

I expected Madrid to play well at some point in the season, but their recent run has exceeded my wildest imaginings. This is a super-dotado (talented) team with a (self-professed) genius of a coach. I shouldn't have doubted.

Real Madrid 6 - Racing Santander 1

No comments:

Post a Comment